Monday, April 13, 2009

Hem a way



This is for class tomorrow. The assignment was to illustrate a chapter page for Ernest Hemingway's book "A Movable Feast". Now I am not a Hemingway fan, sadly reading "In Love and War" and "Farewell To Arms" In high school never gave me a liking for the author. Mostly because he has no perception of the female spirit. He has a way of shrinking women down to nothing. Women to Hemingway are a note on a page, a pretty face but nothing of substance. The only woman with any strength is his writing on Gertrude Stein in "Moveable Feast". But anyway enough of my dis-like. Don't hold it against me I just much prefer to read F. Scott Fitzgerald or Aldous Huxley. I did have to come up with a drawing for his writing though, which is rather difficult considering what a "wordgasm" it is. I was drawn to the passage about him ordering a drink at the cafe in Paris and taking out his notebook and pencil and starting to write. I wanted it to be sorta surreal and this is what came out of all that......

that was long-winded.

No comments:

Post a Comment