Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Her spirit animal



I certainly have neglected to post for the last few weeks! I've have had quite a few problems with my allergies as of late which has put me in a bit of a fog. The weather has been rather beautiful in SF and one does have to get out and enjoy the sun. Though it has meant lots of watery eyes for me.
The drawing above I did a bit ago. I think I was watching a documentary on the settlement of the west. I wanted to draw someone however that is there protecting the bison as much as he is protecting her. He is also her spirit animal. Drawing the bison was rather hard and I wanted to give his coat a Charles Dana Gibson feel of cross hatching. Well enough explaining! I should color them soon and post that as well. I hope everyone is enjoying good weather minus allergies!

2 comments: