Friday, June 24, 2011

Tea time!


Wow its been a long week. I came down with a horrible flu and had to go to the hospital on monday. I'm glad that I did I was given meds and I'm feeling a bunch better now. Still groggy and tired however.

I've been told by a few people I should show sketches before I ink them in. I have such a hard time doing that though! The minute I get something drawn out that I like I leap into the pen stage(probably because its my favorite stage)and I can't stop myself. As he can see though, I had to do a patch on her hand. I messed that hand up prrrretty bad!

I've been checking out Hark A Vagrant quite a bit and I was inspired to do a historical lady. Check the site out. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. Combining history and illustration is one way to get me hooked...If I could of majored in anything else besides art it would of been history for sure. Queen Elizabeth has always been a favorite of mine. I like drawing neck ruffs..Sometimes I wish that we still dressed so intricate but have to remind myself that it would be painful. That the clothing of today is very easy on the body. I still wish I could wear edwardian dresses on a day to day basis though..and that men still wore suits...ah well...

Have a great weekend!:)

1 comment:

  1. I totally love this one...thanks for showing the sketch first! Can't wait to see it colorized, you have such a consistent pallet, I can always tell that it is by you (which I love). Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete